by Night Writer
Picked this up from Mitch at Shot in the Dark.
1. The phone rings. Who will it be? Nine times out of ten, someone wanting to talk to Tiger Lilly.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? Well, I used to put the cart in one of the parking lot corrals. Now I’ve got “people” who get the groceries.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? I used to be all talker, now I find myself listening more and picking my spots. For some reason, people seem happier to see me coming now.
4. Do you take compliments well? I take them well, medium and rare.
5. Do you play Sudoku? I’m a binge Sudoku player. I’ll go a long time not playing and then play madly for a time, then another long lay-off.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? As soon as I got that “hibernate” thing figured out I’d be cool.
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? One time, at band camp….no, never.
8. What was your favorite game as a kid? Depended on the season: in our neighborhood we played football in the fall, basketball through the winter and spring (shoveling snow off the asphalt driveways and getting our hands blackened from dribbling the ball on the wet tar). I was also addicted to the Sports Illustrated Football table game.
9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, would you? Absolutely…if it was my wife.
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? How do you think I got where I am today?
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? Being pursued, I guess, but you might want to check out #15 first.
12. Use three words to describe yourself? I was wrong.
13. Do any songs make you cry? “I Wish You Where Here” by Claudia Schmidt and Sally Rogers.
14. Are you continuing your education? Who isn’t? Only the grades we get are different now.
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? Revolver, semi-auto, shotgun and rifle. I would love to try a muzzle-loader and a fully-automatic some time.
16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? No, but I carry one of my wife and daughters acting silly.
17. How often do you read books? Every day.
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? Yesterday I thought about the future. Today I think about the past. Tomorrow I’ll think about today.
19. What is your favorite children’s book? “Where the Wild Things Are” by Maurice Sendak.
20.What color are your eyes? Bluer than robin’s eggs, someone once said.
21. How tall are you? Not tall enough, according to my BMI.
22. Where is your dream house located? In the heather, in sight of the ocean.
23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? Either the kid holding the matches or my cell phone to call 911.
24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Can’t remember. I like the place, but there are so many other options.
25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? The day’s still young; we’ll see.
26. Do you like mustard? Absolutely, and I always like to try something new. Watch out for the bright yellow stuff in England, though. It looks just like French’s, but it’s not!