I can’t believe how big a deal is being made of Dick Cheney accidentally shooting someone while bird hunting, and the fuss about the “news blackout.” Now, if he’d shot Scooter Libby I could maybe understand it, but this seems a tad out of proportion.
I thought about making a list of people that I’d like to see added to the VP’s guest list for future hunts, but I’m really not comfortable wishing harm on anybody. Instead, here’s another little list; which of the following would you least like to do:
- Go bird-hunting with Dick Cheney.
- Play golf with Jerry Ford.
- Sit in a boat with Jimmy Carter while being attacked by a rabbit.
- Have sushi with George Bush, Sr.
- Play “Truth or Dare” with Bill Clinton.
- Watch cartoons with Osama bin Ladin.
- Go for a drive with Teddy Kennedy.
That’s all for tonight, folks. I’ve got three lovely ladies expecting creative hand-made (or computer-made) Valentine’s Day cards tomorrow.